[Owncloud] There is not enough space on destination

Stephen Rees-Carter stephen at rees-carter.net
Sun Oct 30 22:48:03 UTC 2011

You're missing the point... This bug has nothing to do with the php.ini
variables.

I don't understand how webdav works, but I assume part of the protocol
allows the webdav client to ask *how much free space* there is available on
the webdav share.
ownCloud is telling Nautilus that it has 0 B available on the share, so
when you try to upload a file it throws a warning as it doesn't think there
is any space available. Clicking the "Ignore" button gets past this with no
issues, so it's not related to any hard-limits but rather something being
incorrectly reported by the webdav client.

Again, I'm only guessing here, but I assume the webdav clients everyone
else is using don't check for free space?
Or it could be a difference with the server? I.e. the webdav script is
using some function to check for the free space which hasn't been installed
in some environments...

Anyone else using Nautilus to confirm?
Marcus, what client are you using?

Thanks,
~Stephen

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 8:40 AM, Jeff Gibbs <jeffkgibbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Try setting those variables in the php.ini to 4000M or less. When I tried
> to set the variables to 5G...it flipped out and wouldn't let me upload
> anything.
>  - Jeff
> On Oct 29, 2011 2:11 PM, "Stephen Rees-Carter" <stephen at rees-carter.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I get this same issue with Nautilus in Ubuntu 11.10.
>> As you said, clicking "Ignore" gets past the error and solves the issue.
>>
>> I assume it has something to do with the webdav script not returning the
>> proper max usable space when queried for it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> ~Stephen

>>> Just a side note: I could just click on ignore and it uploads the
>>> file(s) correctly.
>>>

>>> Greets
>>> Marcus