[Owncloud] using an updated app in non-updated owncloud

Stefan Göckeritz goeckeritz at rheinahrcampus.de
Thu Oct 27 17:55:37 UTC 2011

Hey guys,

just a little question that might be a little stupid also... but I'm
confused.
I have an owncloud 2.0 instance running, which I set up with the release
code from the owncloud webpage.
Now I tried to replace the included calendar app with the
git-fullcalendar-branch calendar app by replacing the
owncloud/apps/calendar folder with the "new" one. Also I added the
"fullcalendar" folder to the 3rdparty folder. Unfortunately I get a
white screen where the calendar itself should be displayed. I can
successfully revert that change by replacing the calendar folder again
with the old one and everything works fine again.

Isn't it possible to "update" apps by replacing their code within the
apps fodler?

Thanks for the help!

Cheers
Stefan