[Owncloud] tasks for Google Code-in needed

Jan-Christoph Borchardt jan at unhosted.org
Sun Oct 23 18:25:24 UTC 2011

Here are six tasks for the Code-in. We discussed them at the developer
sprint in Zurich but unfortunately I didn’t know we need to assign mentors
to each. So please have a look at them and step up as a mentor if you
like. I can only mentor one task.

After finding a mentor for every task we can forward this to Lydia. You
are also welcome to suggest tasks you mentor.

Area: Code
validate.js http://rickharrison.github.com/validate.js/
Outcome: A more responsive and easier to use interface.
Difficulty: hard
Time: 2 days
IRC: #owncloud on freenode
Mailing List: owncloud at kde.org
Mentor:

Area: Code
http://andreasgal.github.com/pdf.js/ – (optionally also a "Documents" app
where all PDF files are shown)
Outcome: PDF previews in the file manager, very very useful.
Difficulty: hard
Time: 2 days
IRC: #owncloud on freenode
Mailing List: owncloud at kde.org
Mentor:

Area: Code
(html, markdown) to either show the code or show the formatted version.
Additionally, formatted mode should be editable and automatically convert
markup typed in there to formatted elements.
Outcome: A preview mode to easily see how marked up documents look like.
Difficulty: hard
Time: 2 days
IRC: #owncloud on freenode
Mailing List: owncloud at kde.org
Mentor:

Area: Code
Outcome: An easy way for people to upload files just by drag & drop.
Difficulty: medium
Time: 1 day
IRC: #owncloud on freenode
Mailing List: owncloud at kde.org
Mentor:

Area: User Interface
web application. Widely used web contact apps could be used as benchmark.
Outcome: A nicely looking and working Contacts app.
Difficulty: hard
Time: 2 days
IRC: #owncloud on freenode
Mailing List: owncloud at kde.org
Mentor: Jan-Christoph Borchardt (jan at unhosted.org)

Area: Code, Documentation & User Interface
icon which provides a dialog for how to use WebDAV / CalDAV etc.
Outcome: A quicker way for users to find how to connect the app to their
desktop applications.
Difficulty: hard
Time: 3 days
IRC: #owncloud on freenode