[Owncloud] Issue: Zero byte files

tracy tracy_anne at feral-penguin.com.au
Sat Oct 22 22:10:49 UTC 2011

I'm using Linux Mint 9 and I recently installed ownCloud 2, after
following the instructions on your site, then following the instructions
at http://owncloud.org/use/webdav/ I set up a mount point so I could use
owncloud the way I currently use DropBox... direct from Nautilus.

My intention was to integrate ownCloud into my LAN, then, once I'm happy
with it,  make the server available over the Internet, so I could access
my files from anywhere, using the method above.

I began by copying the files I currently share with my self, via
DropBox. They are encrypted. Once the copy was complete I accessed the
owncloud mount point and drilled down to the encrypted files, and
discovered they were all 0 bytes in size. mounting an ecFS directory and
attempting access the unecrypted files gave me the same information, the
file were 0 bytes, and could not be opened.

On the assumtpion that this might be something to do with my encryption,
I started again, and this time copied the unencrypted files in to
owncloud via the mount point, the results were the same, files of Zero
bytes.

regards
--
Tracy Barlow