[Owncloud] Copy existing Data into OwnCloud

Eric Griffith egriffith92 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 02:55:00 UTC 2011

Hellooooo mailing list lol;

I heard about the release of OwnCloud 2 a few days ago, I've been
trying to set up a home file server for awhile and got a basic one
setup, for internal, via Arch Linux + NFS. Saw the OwnCloud 2 release
and it got me thinking of jumping over to that.

Here's my problem. I've got about 200GB's of data already. And I
noticed that OwnCloud uses a database to handle all the data. If I
would copy the 200GB's of data into
/srv/http/owncloud/data/Eric/files, would OwnCloud correctly handle it
when I logged in next? Or would that cause the Database's mind to just
explode because I didnt add the data to OwnCloud via the "Upload"
Button? Some of its Music as well, so a lot of folders would also be
created.

The other question is...how do you add music into the Music tab? I
hadn't tried yet via upload (under Files) because I dont have any
music under 2MB's, and I didnt see any Upload button under the Music
Tab so I was a little confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! The project looks amazing and
I'm actually sad that I didnt hear about this project until version 2
hit. Version 1 wouldve been nice to check out as it was being made
better.

--Eric--