[Owncloud] option to turn off media scanning?

Jan-Christoph Borchardt jan at unhosted.org
Tue Oct 11 23:16:15 UTC 2011

We should do this on a "scan everything, remove after" basis. Just have the option to hide photos from the gallery / music from the collection afterwards.

We had "scanning by folders" before and it was extra-complicated to start out. For most people it's probably ok to just show all images in the gallery or music in the music player. We should not make the edge case our design guideline.

Bartek Przybylski <bart.p.pl at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Daniel!
This is a really good idea!
But i hope you are aware of the fact that anyone can write app and
disobey this restriction?
Ill use your idea in gallery app if you don't mind :)

Bartek