[Owncloud] Roadmap and planned features for owncloud

Michael Stange mds at pfffh.de
Thu Oct 6 11:30:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

I watching the owncloud project quite a while and the progress is amazing!!
I'm using owncloud 2 beta 3 and it works really well.

What features are planned in future ?

The reason I'm asking:

Right now, I'm looking for groupware and caldav/carddAV server/client
to store my personal and business data.
Groupware Horde is fine, DaviCal as caldav/carddav server is also great.

Yesterday it tried so save some contacts and calendars in owncloud

Contacts:
works, althought not all contact information are shown in ownclowd.

Calendar:
Can't modify some calendar data with my client (kontact), maybe the
fault is on my side.
(for example, I can change the date but not the event notice)

Are there any plans to use owncloud as CalDav/CardDav client as well,
so I can connect to Davical to get contacts and calendars?
Davical is very sophisticated. Adminstration features,
Rights-Management etc..is missing in owncloud at the moment.

Suggestion for owncloud calendar:

A very promising CalDav client is
http://agendav.org/
Is uses fullcalendar and the usability is great.
In my opinium this could fit perfectly into owncloud.
(Davical is used as Caldav server)

regards
michael