[Owncloud] File Syncing - lsyncd

Daniel nix at tek12.com
Sun Nov 6 02:12:17 UTC 2011

I happen to come across this in my search to find an acceptable method
of syncing the plethora of devices I seem to be collecting...

http://code.google.com/p/lsyncd/

"Lsyncd watches a local directory trees event monitor interface
(inotify). It aggregates and combines events for a few seconds and then
spawns one (or more) process(es) to synchronize the changes. By default
this is rsync. Lsyncd is thus a light-weight live mirror solution that
is comparatively easy to install not requiring new filesystems or
blockdevices and does not hamper local filesystem performance."

In case you didn't want to click...

According to the manual; "Fine-grained customizaton can be achieved
through the config file" - like setting ownership/permissions... it
looked quite comprehensive based on the quick skim I gave it.

Daniel