[Owncloud] Re: Owncloud and diacritics problem

Robin Appelman icewind1991 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 09:36:14 UTC 2011

On Monday 16 May 2011 07:24:02 ares wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm an excited fan of owncloud project. I use last stable and released
> version. I have found one problem though. When I mount my cloud using
> webdav protocol on windows and any directory contains some diacritics
> (like č ř š etc.) it's broken and only thing I can do is to repair it
> directly on the server. To reproduce just crate a new folder with special
> characters from windows.
>
> Is there any fix for it? Can anyone give me a hint how to fix it? (I'm
> willing to make a patch). Do you plan to support utf8 on next released
> version which I'm really looking forward to?
>
> Marek

Hi,

I can't test it with on windows though, I did a  quick test with dolphin on
linux and the branch that will become 2.0 and it works correctly.
It seems this bug was fixed while we were working on related problems
("special" characters in filenames).

If you want to test out the new codebase you can check out the refactoring
branch from https://projects.kde.org/owncloud

 - Robin Appelman