[Owncloud] Vision

Jakob Sack mail at jakobsack.de
Sat Jun 11 20:58:44 UTC 2011

Hi list,

today Aaron Reichman asked me if we have some vision for owncloud. As far as I
remember we did not write down anything until now. So Aaron and I created the
following vision:

ownCloud provides universal access to your files, through webdav or a web
interface. It also provides a platform to easily sync your contacts, calendars
and bookmarks across all your devices and gives you basic editing features
right on the web. It's easy to extend with a powerful and simple API for
applications and plugins and an easy installation process.

What do you think about it?
If there are no complaints in the next 4 days we are going to write this in
the wiki.
Cheers,

Jakob