[Owncloud] Re: Time to reach out to other projects?

Aaron Reichman areichman.kde at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 00:57:49 UTC 2011

Let's use the Desktop Summit to strengthen ties to gnome. I've been talking
with some people from their marketing team that will be there and they
expressed interest in going to the ownCloud BOF's. I know at least Robin &
Frank will also be there and this would be a great opportunity to bring many
more people into the fold.

On the same note, if anybody is interested in adding oauth support to
ownCloud, that's gnome's biggest requirement. It's how we get integrated
into gnome-online-accounts, which is how file managers, PIM suites, backup
programs and the rest of the environment figure out what cloud services are
available. It would be great if we could show them we're interested in
working with them by taking the necessary first step to let them integrate
with us.