[Owncloud] Re: Website brainstorming review

Damien Tardy-Panis damientardypanis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 08:31:40 UTC 2011

2011/7/14 Bugsbane <bugsbane at gmail.com>

> On 11-07-13 08:08 PM, Damien Tardy-Panis wrote:
> >
> >   Yes I agree that a video would be awesome but it's quite long to do I
> think.
> > To make that video, do you know some free softwares we can use to create
> > simple animations?
> I can do that. I did the release video for the last version of Krita (
> http://blip.tv/krita/krita-2-3-chagall-is-released-4601121 ), although I
> know quite a bit more Blender than is shown in this video. I can't
> guarantee to always work to tight deadlines with a toddler and a company
> to run, but OwnCloud is an important enough project that I'd be happy to
> help out where / when I can. Might I suggest, regarding who the video is
> targeted at, that we think of it this way. The video is not meant to
> explain everything. It's meant to give everyone who may be interested a
> high level taste of what OwnCloud may have for them, and guidance on
> where they can learn more.  This lets us keep our explanations of
> OwnCloud very simple, even though it's a complex project, Skype style
> (you'll find no mention of proxy tunneling sip style voip communications
> on their home page...although it's what they do, and the info exists if
> you look for the right part of their site.)
>
> > In the very first version, we can put some images (not screenshots but
> images
> > that explains what ownCloud is).
> You're welcome to go this way, too, if preferred. :)

That would be awesome if you can do the video! The one of Krita looks very
nice. I would say that you can take all the time you want to do it. There is

no really deadline and in the meantime we can just put images instead.
And I cannot agree more about your ideas about the video: keep it simple and

engaging.

Keep us updated about your progress.

Thanks,
Damien