[Owncloud] Re: New Place for Configs?

Klaas Freitag freitag at kde.org
Mon Jan 31 16:25:21 UTC 2011

Am Montag 31 Januar 2011, 09:40:43 schrieb Sascha Manns:

Hi Sascha,

> atm i'm using the Package of owncloud in the openSUSE BuildService.
> But after every update i must set all Settings new. So it is possible to
> split the Config files to /etc/owncloud?
There is patching needed, as the config file is currently read only from
$SERVERROOT/config/config.php
which you see if you do a
grep config.php -r .
in the owncloud directory. The reason for that is that owncloud offers
this nice web page to enter the initial config values. These could not
be written in /etc/owncloud

For easier distro integration, a bit of logic would be fine that checks
if there is a owncloud.conf in /etc and uses it before it uses its 'own'
values in the conf dir.

> Or is it a better Solution to set "noreplace" in the Package? If yes,
> which are the Configfile who we can "noreplace"?
I guess its, as said, $SERVERROOT/config/config.php

What are you planning actually?

regards,

Klaas