[Owncloud] Re: [GSoC 2011] syncing client

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Tue Jan 25 18:04:30 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 25 January 2011 15:20:45 Maxime Côté wrote:
> 2011/1/25 Fabio Alessandro Locati <flocati at grimp.eu>
>
> >   Someone (Riccardo Iaconelli) proposed SyncML ;)
>
> True, I haven't read all my mail before ;) I'm now searching info about it
> and probably will play with it tonight

Please, please, if you have anything you want to discuss, please get in touch
with me, or better yet, with the mailing list akunambol at kde.org.
There is just so much stuff to be gained from there... the only needed thing
would be to implement SyncML API on the server, and then you can sync files,
music, and much much else to a pletora of different devices completely
seamlessly.
I'm working on an API (which is shaping up nicely) to allow creation of sync
plugins (to sync any kind of data) dead-easy.

We have an enormous potential here, let's not waste it, and let's finish it
before everybody has something similar!

Bye,
-Riccardo