[Owncloud] [GSoC 2011] syncing client

Maxime Côté cote.maxime1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:00:45 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm one of those who develop this client:
http://gitorious.org/owncloud-sync-client and I'm still working on it, even
thought not as much as I would like because of school. It's nearly finish,
the UI is designed, the core mechanic is coded and working but the UI is non
working and I haven't find a way (still searching) to send the data to the
server easily and securely. It's written in C++ with Qt and a bit of Python
(mostly mercurial command) and work with mercurial to provide versioning of
files. The main mechanic is pretty simple: the user enter some files (or
folders) to sync and a interval for syncing (1 min, 5min, 10 min etc), after
that the client start a cron like daemon to send data over to the ownCloud
server. I know it's may not be the best way to do this, but it's the way we
were seeing it.

Cheers
Maxime