[Owncloud] basKet and ownCloud

Frank Karlitschek karlitschek at kde.org
Mon Dec 26 12:02:58 UTC 2011

On 26.12.2011, at 12:06, Alessandro Cosentino wrote:

> Hi,
> I was using BasKet, a very nice note taking app of KDE, and I felt the
> need of synchronizing my notes with the ones on my office computer.
> Is there some easy way to do this by using basKet + ownCloud? I have
> already tried to set the ownCloud network folder (via webdav) as the
> folder where the baskets are collected and it didn't work.
>
> I found something regarding synchronization basKet at the bottom
> section of the following page:
> http://basket.kde.org/roadmap.php
> The section's title is: Sync Using the BasKet Sharing Server.
> It seems no one is taking care of that part of the project and I think
> it would be a good idea to adopt it under the ownCloud umbrella.
> What do you think?

Hi,

I´m not familiar with the basKet internals.
But I see two possible ways to do this from an ownCloud perspective.
basKet could store files with notes in a folder which is synced with ownCloud.
This has the advantage that you can also access and edit the notes with the ownCloud ACE editor as long as there are normal text files.

The other option for basKet is to use the ownCloud key/value storage. This requires to use the libattica and the OCS api to store data in ownCloud. This has to be implemented in ownCloud of course.

I´m don´t know what the best option is. This is something the basKet developer have to answer.

Cheers
Frank

Frank Karlitschek
karlitschek at kde.org