[Owncloud] SabreDAV license

Klaas Freitag freitag at kde.org
Sun Dec 25 20:33:03 UTC 2011

On 21.12.2011 12:23, Evert Pot wrote:

Hi,

happy Christmas everyone!

>> On Dec 21, 2011, at 11:08 AM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to add a special property in sabredav to be able to set the
>> modification time of a file, like utimes(2)?
>
> According to the spec, the last modification date of a resource *should* be protected.
> While it would still be possible to allow this property to be modified, this is a change that:
>
> * would have to be implemented within Owncloud
Attached is a patch against oc master implementing the ability to change
of the property "modificationTime" using an epoch value for resources in
ownCloud webdav.

I tested it with cadaver and propset/propget like this:

dav:/oc/files/webdav.php/> propget einfinn.jpg
Fetching properties for `einfinn.jpg':
DAV: getlastmodified = Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:00:27 +0000
DAV: getcontentlength = 65666
DAV: resourcetype =
DAV: getcontenttype = image/jpeg;
dav:/oc/files/webdav.php/> propset einfinn.jpg modificationTime 1324839600
Setting property on `einfinn.jpg': succeeded.
dav:/oc/files/webdav.php/> propget einfinn.jpg
Fetching properties for `einfinn.jpg':
DAV: getlastmodified = Sun, 25 Dec 2011 19:00:00 +0000
DAV: getcontentlength = 65666
DAV: resourcetype =
DAV: getcontenttype = image/jpeg;

> * would also have to be implemented in your client
Hope that can take away one roadblock from implementing a proper csync
solution for syncing. The problem of course remains that with this
patch, its going to be an ownCloud specific implementation instead of a
general webdav solution in csync.

have fun,

Klaas