[Owncloud] ownCloud 3 planing

Martin Fox info at mjfox.ch
Fri Dec 23 15:49:35 UTC 2011

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 15:45:45 +0100
Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there feature plan for new OwnCloud releases? Or a common way to
> make suggestions for features?
>
> The biggest problems we currently have with OwnCloud are:
>
> - Fileuploads > 2GB are not possible through the Webfrontend. WebDAV
> works fine. Because the WebDAV part is also PHP, there must be a way
> to ship around this 2 GB/integer problem (we discussed the problem
> already on the list, but without ending). Maybe a alternative
> Flash/Java uploader should be integrated if there's no way by PHP.
>
> - OwnCloud should work on all common browsers. Currently it's not
> possible to use OwnCloud on XP, because there is only IE8 for XP,
> which doesn't support SVG. Someone else said, that OC looks "not
> good" in Opera, too. Supporting the most common browsers is a big
> requirement for commercial users. And XP support is ending in
> 04/2014. So there're still many home and commercial users running XP
> until then. I also provided a suggestion here on the list, how to
> make an easy workaround with the SVG problem - but haven't got an
> answer yet.
>
> This are two of my biggest feature requests for having OC in business
> environments.

Plus:

I looked but could not find :
Shared (Public) folders are missing vertical and horizontal scroll
bars. This makes it impossible to have more than 20 or 30 files in a
folder. It was noted in the mailing list a few months ago I think.

thanks for a great product guys,
regards
Martin

--
Martin J Fox
马丁·福克斯
martin at mjfox.ch
butibum at bluewin.ch
VK7MM/HB9TQX
www.mjfox.ch / www.badwolf.ch
"Gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming.."
Email sent using Axigen Free Mail Server:
http://www.axigen.com/mail-server/free