[Owncloud] ownCloud 3 planing

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Fri Dec 23 14:45:45 UTC 2011

Hi,

is there feature plan for new OwnCloud releases? Or a common way to make
suggestions for features?

The biggest problems we currently have with OwnCloud are:

- Fileuploads > 2GB are not possible through the Webfrontend. WebDAV works
fine. Because the WebDAV part is also PHP, there must be a way to ship around
this 2 GB/integer problem (we discussed the problem already on the list, but
without ending). Maybe a alternative Flash/Java uploader should be integrated
if there's no way by PHP.

- OwnCloud should work on all common browsers. Currently it's not possible to
use OwnCloud on XP, because there is only IE8 for XP, which doesn't support
SVG. Someone else said, that OC looks "not good" in Opera, too. Supporting the
most common browsers is a big requirement for commercial users. And XP support
is ending in 04/2014. So there're still many home and commercial users running
XP until then. I also provided a suggestion here on the list, how to make an
easy workaround with the SVG problem - but haven't got an answer yet.

This are two of my biggest feature requests for having OC in business
environments.

Regards,
Marc