[Owncloud] Fwd: Can't upload files greater than 2047 MB

Eric Griffith egriffith92 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 20:04:50 UTC 2011

On 12/13/2011 2:58 PM, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Am 13.12.2011 20:31, schrieb Eric Griffith:
>> Overview: The 2047Mb Limit is because of the 32bit limit on integer
>> sizes,
>> because this issue is changed in /etc/php/php.ini I am assuming that
>> it is not
>> something that OwnCloud can or cannot change and would have to be done
>> on the
>> php side of things.
>
> I just can't upload files > 2GB over the GUI. Uploading by WebDAV works
> successfully.
>
> But the WebDAV part is also written in PHP, isn't it? Shouldn't I have
> the same limitation then?

I know, I have that same issue. The only thing I can think of is, as
some had suggest, is that WebDAV "chunks" the files. Aka, sends them as
bits and pieces and then re-assembles them on the server. If thats not
it, then maybe one of the official OwnCloud devs can step in and try to
explain it.

Also, if anyone can (assuming i was right in my earlier email) justify
why File_Upload isnt a long int, please do so, im quite curious about it
as it doesnt seem to give any advantage, and only serves disadvantages.