[Owncloud] Shared Folder Problems

Rigzen Oliver Latshang rigzen.latshang at math.ethz.ch
Tue Dec 13 13:26:05 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am using the latest trunk of owncloud and have two problems with the
"Shared" folder:

1) "memory leak"

When i connect to the webdavs folder with nautilus on Fedora 15 i get a
error 500, this only happens when nobody shared a file with me.
The error log on the server loops (while) the following error:

################

PHP Warning:  readdir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean
given in lib/connector/sabre/directory.php on line 78

################

This error is repeated till i get the following ;-)

################

PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 209715200 bytes exhausted
(tried to allocate 32 bytes) in lib/fileproxy.php on line 49

################

2) OSX fake directory don't work

The other thing is when i connect with the osx filebrowser to the
webdavs share the shared folder always stays empty.
This happens with OSX version 10.6.8 and 10.7.2.

It seems that it doesn't recognize the "fakedir" functionality, because
i am able to create files inside the shared folder and they are
created on the servers filesystem.

I hope this helps to improve this great piece of software.

Greetings,
bbk