[Owncloud] Merge request: Editing multiple calendars

Thomas Olsen thomas at tanghus.net
Tue Dec 13 10:07:37 UTC 2011

First: I'm a git newbie. I tried to request a merge from the Gitorious web
interface, but got:

  This Git object is too large to be displayed in the browser

  Consider cloning the repository locally and look at the object there

I'm not sure how to proceed from there. My branch is at:

  https://gitorious.org/owncloud/tanghus-owncloud/trees/tanghus_remote_backup

The misleading branch name is because that is what I wanted to do to start
with ;-)

I modified the export.php script from the contacts app and can now run backups
with wget and http authentication. Hence the name 'tanghus_remote_backup' for
this branch.
Then I implemented the nice popup window function from Calendar for
activating/CardDAV link/downloading/editing/deleting/adding address books.

When making changes to the address books the contact list is updated to show
the contacts in the active address book(s).

When an address book is activated the setting is saved using
OC_Preferences::setValue().

Most of the code is copy/paste from the Calendar and Contacts apps ;-)

Tested with fresh clone from git at gitorious.org:~tanghus/owncloud/tanghus-
owncloud.git, removed database and config.php.
I used two address books in the test with ~175 contacts in each. I don't know
if the update of the contact list will scale when it's in the thousands, but
they are inserted with a single ajax call so I would guess so.

Screen shot attached.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus Olsen