[Owncloud] Can't upload files greater than 2047 MB

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Fri Dec 9 11:02:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

when I upload a file that is greater than 2,047 MB (2,146,435,072 bytes), then
it looks like the system is uploading (the little animated wheel is rotating),
but nothing happens. But if the file is max. 2,047 MB, it's fine.

Normally you see the uploading file growing in the tmp folder, but only if the
file is smaller than 2,047 MB you see it there. If it's bigger, nothing
appears in the tmp folder, because nothing is uploaded.

The values in .htaccess are big enough (otherwise I would get a message from
owncloud, too). upload_max_filesize/post_max_size = 6G, memory_limit = 1G

I saw the following message in the apache error log if the uploading file is
above the limit (appears direclty after I start the upload):
[Fri Dec 09 11:47:30 2011] [error] [client 10.1.0.254] Invalid Content-Length,
referer: https://xxxxx/files/index.php?dir=/test

I'm running 2.0.1 on Scientific Linux 6.1 (RHEL clone) with PHP 5.3.3.

Regards,
Marc