[Owncloud] Backup ownCloud?

Thomas Olsen thomas at tanghus.net
Thu Dec 1 09:07:26 UTC 2011

On Thursday 01 December 2011 09:24 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> On 30.11.2011, at 13:08, Thomas Olsen wrote:
> > wget --auth-no-challenge --http-user=xxxxxx --http-password=xxxxxx -O
> > cal.ics \>
> > 	http://localhost/owncloud/apps/calendar/export.php?calid=1
> >
> > Now I will try to modify export.php to make it work for contacts as
> > well. It should be pretty straight forward. If I can get it to work
> > should I talk to Jakob Sack about adding it to the contacts UI the same
> > way as it is for calendars?
>
> The Exporter should export the database with all the contacts and calendar
> entries already. It would be cool to have them as separate files in the
> export of course.

I have made an exporter for contacts which is basically a modification of
apps/calendar/export.php. Will have a look at the Exporter today. Looking at
the exports it creates I can only see it useful for an administrator.

Wouldn't it be an idea to have something similar under 'Personal' where the
users could select what to export - Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks etc, and
perhaps links to a help page of setting up remote backup?

I also wanted to ask if it would make sense to have a third authentication
method? Now /index.php handles form based login and http auth. If we added a
token based authentication the user would be able to backup PIM data without
weird wget parameters using a URL like:

http://localhost/owncloud/apps/calendar/export.php?user=xxxxx&authtoken=XXXXXXXXXXcalid=1

where authtoken could be (re)generated from the UI - or simply be the password
hash already in the DB - or a hash of the hash ;-P As you can hear I don't
know much about how to do such stuff :-D

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Olsen