[Owncloud] OwnCloud - Question about fetching favicons in bookmark section

Golnaz Nilieh golnaz.nilieh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:48:53 UTC 2011

Andrei's suggestion seems efficient, because we calculate md5 for every new
bookmark and after that we have to compare 16-byte length strings in the
whole database.
Jon's approach is fine too, because it's rare to have many favicons for one
domain, and it will be found after few comparisons without extra overhead of
calculating md5 sums. but before comparison, we should lookup domain name in
the whole database.

Which one is more efficient in your opinion?