[Owncloud] plugins vs. apps

Frank Karlitschek karlitschek at kde.org
Thu Apr 21 08:45:19 UTC 2011

Hi everybody,

thanks again to everybody who attended the ownCloud sprint last weekend. It was a blast. :-)

One question.
In the current backend in the refactoring branch we have an interface to manage plugins and an interface to manage Apps.
My suggestion is to merge this together to "Apps".

The installed Apps/AddOns can behave as Plugins or full Application if they want. But for the enduser it might make sense to have just one interface to download, update and remove both.

We could add a field to the plugin.xml to differentiate between Plugins and Apps if we want to show the difference to the users.

What do you think?

Cheers
Frank

--