[Owncloud] Re: suggestions for improvement

Robin Appelman icewind1991 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 20:16:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 23:02,  <info at s8inac.org> wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> since i had read something about this project i was interested in it.
> i like kde for many years and wanted always take part in kde but i couldn't
> imagine how.
> with this project i will contributing kde but as i reviewed the code
> it was very
> confusing for me. i am developing many years with php that's not the reason.
> it's the mixed code (php, html and css together) and a bit of smelling
> code (it's not personally).
>
> so i have some suggestions for improvement:
> - split this mixed code in application and presentation
>         - application is e.g. managing files and users
>         - presentation is e.g.  a web interface, webdav
> - move 3rd party software to lib folder instead of inc
>
> i already started a clone of oc. it is called s8inacs-owncloud on gitorious.
>
> wait for your opinion
>
> kind regards
> Simon
First, sorry about the late reply, I've been pretty occupied with
various things lately.

I've not taken a good look at your changes yet but the ideas that you
propose seem valid enough to me.
With 1.1 planned for release somewhere soon, it's probably a little
late to put the changes in 1.1,
but for the next version I think we can push some, or all of your
ideas and changes into the main repo.

 - Robin Appelman