[Owncloud] Re: ownCloud 1.1 RC1 releases

Robin Appelman icewind1991 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 17:25:42 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 13:46, François K. <daitheflu at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've also notice something wrong with my ownCloud setup.
> I don't really know if it's revelant or not, and I didn't have the time to check everything for now, but, when I upload a file, and then refresh the page, the 'Files' space doesn't show up. Firefox's error console shows the following :
>
> Error: invalid regular expression flag u
> Source File: http://www.kubler.org/owncloud/js/lib_files.js
> Line: 45, Column: 132
> Source Code:
>
> As I said, the cause might be my setup (I don't host the server myself, so there might be restrictions).
>
> I still hope it can help :)
>From what I can see is it caused by the fallback method for mimetype
detection that relies on the file command, which it first checks if it
can execute that command, your host however provides restrictions on
the way that is checked.

It might be an idea to catch the error and switch to the last fallback
(a hardcoded list of extentions and mimetypes) in those cases.

 - Robin Appelman