[Owncloud] Freedom in the Cloud - Eben Moglen

Cody Rose cody at killsudo.info
Sun May 9 22:01:51 UTC 2010

Thanks for the video link,

It is a weird time to watch so much change from a users perspective of the
internet while working with it on the server side. Once I started working on
the server side, I immediately stopped using services such as facebook, gmail,
flickr etc. If I don't have control over it I don't become dependent on it. Any
morning I could wake up and Google may have decide that they were loosing to
much money on Gmail and shut it down and I seriously doubt they would have to
give us a 2nd chance to download emails. While it may not happen I don't
believe in giving up my data rights nor my thin veil of privacy for such
gimmicky services.

Cody