[Owncloud] the Mine! project

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 09:31:37 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I read about the Mine! project recently. It is hard to google if you
don't know the name 'Mine' is not exactly a rare term on the web, nor
is 'cloud computing') so I've included a link here:
http://themineproject.org/about/

>From the site:

"The Mine! project is about equipping people with tools and
functionality that will help them:

   1. take charge of their data (content, relationships, transactions,
knowledge),
   2. arrange (analyse, manipulate, combine, mash-up) it according to
their needs and preferences and
   3. share it on their own terms
   4. whilst connected and networked on the web.

The Mine! aims to be an (infra)structure for other solutions – VRM
(relationships with individuals and vendors, transactions),
self-defined identity, authentication, data portability and hopefully
many more. "

Seems interesting for owncloud, doesn't it?

Anyone familiar with it?

Cheers,

Jos