[Owncloud] Contributing

Cosmin Gorgovan cosmin at linux-geek.org
Fri Mar 19 04:52:46 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am interested in contributing to ownCloud as part of GSoC. I was
initially planning to go for the synchronization client, but it looks
like Hasanat beat me to that[1] . At the moment, I am looking for
something more challenging than the other proposed project[2] (the Photo
gallery). This being the case, I'm hoping we can still find another project.

I'm a first year CS student with an interest in distributed systems. I
have worked with Python, Ruby, PHP, Java and C++. More recently I've
looked into (Py)GTK and some time ago I've used Qt with the C++ bindings.

 From the previous discussion, I got that ownCloud might not use webdav
in the future (please correct me if I'm wrong). Given this, I'm thinking
that implementing a FUSE[3] plugin for mounting the filesystem might be
wanted, as this item can be found in the feature list[4].

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Cosmin

[1]: http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/owncloud/2010-March/000011.html