[Owncloud] File synchronization similar to Dropbox

Martin Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Mon Jun 21 14:20:23 UTC 2010

On Monday 21 June 2010 05:51:43 matthew wrote:
> Recently I've been wishing for a dropbox clone for my personal use, and
> have begun seriously considering how to write one.  As I've read about
> Owncloud through various blogs on planet, it seemed a natural fit to use
> for the server side component for such a client.

I had many of the same ideas as you, and I started here:
http://gitorious.org/cloudsync

I haven't had time to work on it lately, and the code is kind of a mess, but
hopefully a starting point (it also needs KDE 4.5 for some updated KIO
behaviour).

I also didn't want to tie myself to any particular service, so I chose to just
use KIO, and just take advantage of the webdav-interface to ownCloud.

--
Martin Sandsmark
Phonon Maintainer