[Owncloud] Suggestions

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Thu Jul 15 06:47:15 UTC 2010

On 15 July 2010 07:52, iberlynx <iberlynx at lavabit.com> wrote:
> Sure, I'm not saying git is imperative, although git IIRC merges all kinds of text, not just code, and office (XML) files are just text wright?

Wrong, see the simple example:

+<foo a="1" b="2"/>
-<foo b="2" a="1" />

This patch is empty in terms of XML. But not for git.

> And is pretty fast.
It's fast for large number of files. It's irrelevant since it's text only.

> But still i think git is wright in not merging within the same line, because if two people do opposing changes in the same line, we've got a problem.

There can be single XML line that is rendered as many lines on screen.
There can be many XML lines that are rendered as a tiny single-line chunk.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek