[Owncloud] Suggestions

Andrei Nistor coder.tux at ceata.org
Thu Jul 8 17:48:24 UTC 2010

On Thursday 08 July 2010 20:31:32 Andrei Nistor wrote:
> I don't think git is the right tool for realtime collaborative editing. I
> would suggest implementing the infinote protocol [0], which would make it
> compatible with kobby[1] and gobby[2]. I don't know if it's feasible to
> implement this in PHP as I'm not really a PHP programmer, but if it's
> possible it would be really nice.

Further digging got me to the original specification for the infinote protocol
[3] and a JavaScript implementation released under the MIT license [4]. The
MIT license is compatible with the GPL, but I don't know if it's also
compatible with the AGPL. Maybe someone knows Adriaan de Groot from the kde-
legal team and could ask him to shed some light on the various licenses
compatibility with the AGPL.

[3] http://infinote.org/
[4] http://jinfinote.com/