[Owncloud] Suggestions

Andrei Nistor coder.tux at ceata.org
Thu Jul 8 17:31:32 UTC 2010

On Thursday 08 July 2010 19:56:27 Robin Appelman wrote:
> We don't actually have to worry about TinyMCE, some other guys already
> implemented an odf viewer/editor (editing thing not quite done) in
> pure javascript, we will probably start using that.

Is ofwebkit the implementation you're talking about?
http://kdedevelopers.org/node/4253

> And for
> collaborative editing on the same document we will probably let git or
> something do the merging between 2 odf files, so that should work with
> both people using the webfrontend and people using
> webdav+koffice/oo.org.

I don't think git is the right tool for realtime collaborative editing. I
would suggest implementing the infinote protocol [0], which would make it
compatible with kobby[1] and gobby[2]. I don't know if it's feasible to
implement this in PHP as I'm not really a PHP programmer, but if it's possible
it would be really nice.

[0] http://gobby.0x539.de/trac/wiki/Infinote/Protocol
[1] http://kobby.greghaynes.net/
[2] http://gobby.0x539.de/trac/