[Owncloud] UTF8-Problem

Robin Appelman icewind1991 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 16:31:41 UTC 2010

Hi, I've come across this problem, and have not found a solution for
mysql other then using latin character encoding

I don't think this can be fixed for utf8 unless apache gets support
for longer keys or we shorten those keys, but that will iirc, break
things with long paths.

You could always use sqlite (or postgresql in the future) :)

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 15:38, Pauleman (DerPaul) <Pauleman at derpaul.net> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> my provider runs a 5.0.51a version of MySQL database. There is a known
> bug for keys with more than 1000 bytes
> (http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4541) . Unfortunately the whole db is
> running on UTF8 and I'm not able to use the creation script as is. I
> have to strip several keys and might trap into problems because of
> missing unique key constraints. Has anybody else made this experience
> and have found a solution to fix this? The affected keys are
>
> path_3 of table locks
> primary key of table properties
>
> Regards
>
> Jochen

Making the web a weirder place, one mail at a time