[Owncloud] Question about security

Jakob Sack mail at jakobsack.de
Tue Aug 10 23:01:17 UTC 2010

Hi,

there are two options that come to my mind.
a) using a data folder location outside the webroot (possible if you have root
access to the webserver)
b) creating a .htaccess with the appropriate rights (order allow deny, deny
from all)

The second option is the one all can use, including the users of a shared
webhosting service. Maybe the creation of this file can be done by owncloud.
Regards,

Jakob