[Owncloud] First installation, questions, remarks
gaboo at gaboo.org
Mon Apr 5 12:17:50 UTC 2010
I've just installed owncloud and have a few questions / remarks. Please
forgive me if some of them sounds obvious / stupid, but I'm a Java/J2EE
developer and I've not read nor written php for a long, lonnng time!
But I want to contribute and I'm willing to talk php again :)
Anyway, there we go :
- The path to the css stylesheet is wrong in the pages other than the main
one. Could it be a configuration error on my part ?
- I've added some stuff in config.php. For example :
$DOCUMENTROOT='/var/www/owncloud/htdocs/'; or else the database (sqlite)
cannot be created.
- The settings page overwrite the config.php file without keeping my own
modifications. I guess there should be some sort of md5sum somewhere to avoid
this ? Like refuse to write the config if the file has been changed since last
- Sometimes I select a file to upload but it's not uploaded. Sometimes I
manage to trigger it. Maybe I'm not doing this corerctly, but at least I'd say
this is not obvious how to use it.
- I've started to read the code and I'm surprised there are a lot of if/else
for mysql support (in lib_base.pgp for example). Couldn't we use an
abstraction layer ? I'd like to add postgresql support, but I'm worried it
won't be maintainable if we do not use some sort of abstraction layer and / or
an ORM ?
- the initial tables are not created when the sqlite database is created.
They should be I guess ?
I've not find a bug tracker, but if I should fill them, let me know.
Do owncloud uses some sort of php framework ?
Other than that, it works ! :D
More information about the Owncloud