[Open-collaboration-services] Subject: Re: [REQUEST] Extend API to support gpg signature

Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) polentino911 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 13:18:39 CEST 2010

Message: 4

> Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:54:29 +0200
> From: Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek at kde.org>
> Subject: Re: [Open-collaboration-services] [REQUEST] Extend API to
>        support gpg signature
> To: Frederik Gladhorn <gladhorn at kde.org>
> Cc: open-collaboration-services at kde.org
>

> On 26.07.2010, at 22:10, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> >> What's your opinion about it? Does it makes sense?
> >
> > Sounds pretty good to me. Signatures are about 200 byte if I'm not
> mistaken. I
> > would almost favor to inline them in the content/get request, so we don't
> need
> > to make a separate call. Any reason not to?
>
> I agree. It?s funny, we discussed adding a similar signature field 3 weeks
> ago at Akademy and it is already in the OCS 1.6 draft
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/open-collaboration-services-draft
>

> What do you think? Is this what you need?

Seems like in the draft is mentioned the only fingerprint of the signer, but
I need the signature field too which will contain the ascii-armored
signature of the companion file. Without the signature, authentication won't
work.

> > For those as gpg-ignorant as I am:
> > Create a signature with
> > gpg -ab attica.tbz2
> > And get a file attica.tbz2.asc out of that.
> > That is the signature, ascii-armored.
> > gpg --verify attica.tbz2.asc checks the signature.
> > For knewstuff we'll instead use lib...something.
> >
> > Signature looks like this:
> >
> > Just to say it again: I'm happy to see this happening :D
> >

> Indeed!  Very cool stuff!!
>

> > Greetings
> > Frederik
> >

> Cheers
> Frank
>
> --
H: Who is Watson without Sherlock Holmes?
G: Watson was a genius in his own right.