[Open-collaboration-services] [REQUEST] Extend API to support gpg signature

Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) polentino911 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 11:56:17 CEST 2010

Hello guys,

as you should know, this summer I'm working on the authentication of
downloaded plasmoids by verifying their signatures with the keys in the user
keyring, and show their "TrustLevel" in the Download Plasmoid dialog.
However, to make it work correctly, I need the server to be extended in
order to handle sending and receiving detached, ascii-armored, signatures.
Besides, talking with Frederik, he wants this feature more general and not
restricted to plasmoids-only, in order to give the user a level of trust
about what he/she is going to download from the web. For these reasons, gpg
signature support would a great improvement to the existing api.
What do you think about it ?
Regards,

Diego.

--
H: Who is Watson without Sherlock Holmes?
G: Watson was a genius in his own right.