D18238: Implements a new button on findbar that allows users to choose the color that highlights the text

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 19 16:44:14 GMT 2019

davidhurka added a comment.

  In D18238#394075 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18238#394075>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I'm not really sold either. No other app has this setting. It seems like one of the major reasons why we have a color scheme and color chooser system is precisely so individual apps don't have to implement features like these themselves.

  I think this is okay for graphic areas, while the color scheme is good for generic GUI elements (text areas without graphics).

  In D18238#394075 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18238#394075>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Kate uses the "Selection Background" color to highlight search results and it works okay.

  Yes, but it also uses "View Background", while the background color of a PDF file can be different.
  Picture with search (find bar, thumbnails panel) in PDF from https://www.dpdhl.com/content/dam/dpdhl/en/media-center/investors/documents/annual-reports/DPDHL_2017_Annual_Report.pdf
  How about just inverting the color?F6556824: yellow background search.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6556824>