D18118: Presentation mode: go to previous page when left-clicking on left half of the page

George Bodley noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 12 17:53:55 GMT 2019

gbodley added a comment.

  In D18118#392035 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18118#392035>, @aacid wrote:

  > In D18118#391950 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18118#391950>, @gbodley wrote:
  >
  > > In D18118#391651 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18118#391651>, @aacid wrote:
  > >
  > > > I still object to this, you're changing the default behaviour of the software for the 0.03% of users that use okular to play in a touch screen while playing the piano.
  > >

  > As the person that has been working on this software for more than 15 years, any decision that changes the default behaviour is going to affect me, because when people get angry because we have changed (broken for them) how the software works, they will come to me complaining (like you are doing now)

  > Yes, you are an user, you can only see your bug, it's the most important thing ever for you, which makes you biased.

  If you have been working on this project for 15 years, I congratulate you.  I tested every Linux PDF reader I could find and believe Okular is head and shoulders above the rest.   And you are 100% correct that this "feature enhancement" is extremely important to me.  And at the same time I do not wish anyone to be adversely affected by the change.  Changes that break the software are obviously not a good thing.  If it has been of some effort for you to make this change, I'm deeply grateful.