D18118: Presentation mode: go to previous page when left-clicking on left half of the page

George Bodley noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 12 14:19:18 GMT 2019

gbodley added a comment.

  In D18118#391667 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18118#391667>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D18118#391655 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18118#391655>, @aacid wrote:
  >
  > > In D18118#391654 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18118#391654>, @ngraham wrote:
  > >
  > > > The change is an improvement: Right now when using a touchscreen for presentation mode there is no way to go back. Since this doesn't affect the mouse use case at all, I don't understand the problem here.
  > >

  > > That is not true as already discussed, you can swipe back.
  >

  > ****Oh right, I forgot about the three finger swipe backwards because it't non-discoverable and awkward and therefore in practice fairly useless. :(**
  >
  > -

  I thought the 3 fingered swipe back might be a solution.  It sort of works, but honestly it's not ideal.  It seems slow and sluggish, and it times it doesn't seem to work.   When it does work, it requires careful deliberate and not too quick movement  of the fingers on the screen.  People are able to become skilled at various magic tricks over time, but the best software is intuitive and logical.  The user interface has always been one of the most difficult issues to address.  If it wasn't, we would all be using a terminal, and would have no need for a GUI interface or touch screen at all.  The fact is tablet style touch screen computers are the immediate future.  After that, it's much better voice control, and perhaps retina mouse tracking and movement.  Maybe a quick movement of the head to the right or the left could result in a page turn.