D18118: Presentation mode: go to previous page when left-clicking on left half of the page

George Bodley noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 11 12:35:32 GMT 2019

gbodley added a comment.

  In D18118#389490 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18118#389490>, @aacid wrote:

  > I'd be terribly unhappy about this, i never look at where my mouse is when clicking in presentation view.

  Perhaps a "pedal mode" for mouse and a pedal needs to be added.  I think you do have a point as I believe the way page turning pedals for musicians are based on mouse clicks, and it's obvious that you can't orient the pointer with a pedal.  I also see that if your are projecting you presentation on large screen  it would be most convenient to just click back and forth using  the left and right buttons.  But for someone using a tablet style computer some form of accurate touch is mandatory.  This particularly the case with pianists or other instrumentalists that really can't be fooling with a mouse, and  need to be able to quickly reach up to the tablet and have certain page turns.  Is it possible that the mouse buttons would work without needed to be oriented on a specific spot, but touch would  related to one half of either side of the screen?  Another issue would be that you don't want touch so generalized that the page would accidentally be turned  by inadvertent touch.  To conclude, I am an advocate of much better touch operation, but like everything else proper smooth implementation is critical.  It would be best if it doesn't interfere with the way a mouse works now.