D10974: Add option to ignore print margins

Michael Weghorn noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 4 11:23:18 GMT 2019

michaelweghorn added a comment.

  In D10974#384499 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10974#384499>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Is this even still necessary now that we have D7962 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D7962>? The new scaling combobox has an option to "Fit to full page" which ignores the margins (To respect them, you use "Fit to Printable area")

  I think it still makes sense in general, since this change here also provides the option for other backends (not only PDF) and rasterized printing of PDF files can create huge files and be very slow, depending on the PDF files and printers. And I think it would also be desirable from a usability point of view to not have the combobox for scaling options greyed out unless rasterized printing is used.
  I'll think about this once again, and what might be a good way to go ahead...