D15711: Allow KXmlGui UI files to be found more easily

Michel Ludwig noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 23 19:44:04 BST 2018

mludwig added a comment.

  In D15711#330689 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15711#330689>, @aacid wrote:

  > I don't like qrc, are you saying that the only way kxmlgui works on MacOs is by not installing files?
  >
  > This is weird since it seems to work just fine on Windows

  Well, I'm not a macOS expert, but from playing around a little, I have already noticed that locating paths is more tricky on macOS than on other platforms.

  I cannot say that it will never work, but at the moment kxmlgui cannot correctly locate ui files on macOS.

  The qrc approach is followed by Kate, KWrite, Krita, and Kile already, and it works on any platform ;)