D16519: Don't call scrollTo every time there's a mouseMoveEvent, use a timer instead

kezi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 29 20:11:46 GMT 2018

kezik created this revision.
kezik added a reviewer: Okular.
kezik added a project: Okular.
Herald added a subscriber: okular-devel.
kezik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  BUG: 399208

  A workaround to the fact that on some hardware configurations with a wacom tablet (or, in general, an input device that generates a lot of events), okular accumulates several second of input latency

  The timer is hardcoded to run at 60 fps, maybe that's not elegant

  I see that there's similar functionality in a pair of other places, but I wasn't able to recycle the code efficiently

  I tested this on a weak celeron n3450 laptop with no performance drawbacks
  I don't notice any additional stuttering or lag on my powerful desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  ui/pageview.cpp
  ui/pageview.h