D16457: Avoid crash during session restore

Tobias Deiminger noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 27 13:00:22 BST 2018

tobiasdeiminger created this revision.
Herald added a project: Okular.
Herald added a subscriber: okular-devel.
tobiasdeiminger requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Do all access to the passed KConfigGroup really synchronous to KMainWindow::readProperties, then we're safe.

  Currently kxmlgui can't guarantee that the passed KConfigGroup is still valid after our call to Shell::openUrl(). This is because inside Shell::openUrl, QDialog::exec may get called. The stacked event loop processes all kinds of asynchronous events, and litterally *anything* can happen. E.g. incoming ICE and DBus messages may be processed. In bug 395765 it happened that XSMP SafeYourself was processed, which calls KConfigGui::setSessionConfig, which leaves the KConfig pointer inside KConfigGroup dangling.

  BUGS: 395765

TEST PLAN
  - get recent Qt5 and KF5
  - manually save desktop session while a document is open in okular
  - modify ~/.config/session/okular_<sessionid> so that Urls points to non existing file
  - manually restore session with okular -session <session_id>, dialog will open and warn about non existent file
  - okular shall not crash after closing that dialog

BRANCH
  avoid_crash_session_restore

AFFECTED FILES
  shell/shell.cpp