D16345: Create new "Zoom to 100%" action

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 21 18:22:54 BST 2018

aacid added a comment.

  In D16345#346829 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16345#346829>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D16345#346828 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16345#346828>, @aacid wrote:
  >
  > > In D16345#346803 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16345#346803>, @ngraham wrote:
  > >
  > > > I would prefer to leave it in the main menu. The whole purpose of an app's main menu is to expose all functionality in a visible manner--especially if that functionality has a keyboard shortcut, since the menu becomes the only way for the user to see and learn the shortcut.
  > >

  > > What is the configure shortcuts dialog for? to configure how well done you want your hamburgers?
  >

  > It's for //configuring// shortcuts, not for learning them through use. That's a feature of the main menu bar.

  I disagree.

  > Let's try to keep it technical.

  There's nothing technical in "i think this action should be/not be on the menu bar", we can call it philosophical if you want.

  FWIW we have already quite some shorcuts that are not in the menubar because they only would clutter it, normal people don't need to know about them and if you're and advanced user you can learn them either in the handbook or in the configure shortcuts dialog.