D7962: Implement several new print scaling options

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 9 20:54:43 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D7962#339567 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D7962#339567>, @sander wrote:

  > ScaleMode:
  >
  > - None: Do not apply scaling at all
  > - FitToPage: Scale the page to be printed such that it fits the target area as good as possible, without changing the aspect ratio
  > - ShrinkToPage: Like FitToPage, but only scale down.
  >
  >   ScaleTo:  What is the actual target area that we are printing onto?
  > - FullPage: The complete physical piece of paper
  > - PrintableArea: Only that part of the physical paper that the printer can print onto.

  Ah, now I get it. One more question: is the following accurate?

  - Document is larger than printable area or full page and `ScaleTo` is not `None`: `FitToPage` and `ShrinkToPage` do the same thing
  - Document is smaller than printable area or full page and `ScaleTo` is not `None`: `FitToPage` makes it grow to fit the target, and `ShrinkToPage` has no effect